One couple told me, "Things are much better at home when we are together in worship." This is so true. Families that worship together, stay together.
Worry is on the rise as we see more illness hitting our communities. My concern is that worry will cancel our worship.
A. W. Tozer was once the President of the Alliance. He had much to say about worship. Here are a few of his thoughts on worship to encourage us to worship the LORD today:
- God wants us to worship Him... When Adam sinned it was not he who cried, "God, where art Thou?" It was God who cried, "Adam, where art thou?"
- We are saved to worship God. All that Christ has done in the past and all that He is doing now leads to this one end.
- We must never rest until everything inside us worships God.
- What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us…Worship is pure or base as the worshiper entertains high or low thoughts of God.
- Fellowship with God leads straight to obedience and good works. That is the divine order and it can never be reversed.
- Any man or woman on this earth who is bored and turned off by worship is not ready for heaven.
- The best preparation for worship is not a rehearsal, but surrender.
Brothers and sisters, take time for worship and prayer today. Your soul needs it and God is glorified in it.